The media fraternity within areas of Pakwach, West Nile woke up to job opportunities advert by the unknown new radio station that claims their office is within Pakwach District.
To the excitement of many, they did not hesitate to drop in their job applications for the different positions announced.
The advert read;
‘’Radio Job Vacancies in Pakwach
A new radio station opening soon in Pakwach District has Vacancies for the following positions.
1. Station Manager
2. Programs Producer
3. Sales and marketing Manager
4. Accounts Assistant
5. Traffic Controller
6. On-Air Talent/Presenters (women are highly encouraged to apply.)
7. Cashier 8.Sales officers
9. Field officer Please Note
1. Should be able to stay and work in Pakwach District.
2. Knowledge of either Alur/Acholi/Lugungu is a requirement for Presenters but desirable for other positions.
3. Should be ready to work long and irregular hours including weekends
4. Knowledge of riding is a must for field officer, (driving is an added advantage) How to Apply If interested send your CV, a cover letter and your Audition recordings (for on Air Talent) to email@example.com before Monday 15th March 2021 at 5:00PM’’
Our source however reveals that there is no other radio station within Pakwach District registered with Uganda Communications Commission apart from 100.2 Pakwach Fm.
We also had to contact Mr Agenonga Robert, the proprietor of the yet to be established radio station in Dei, Panyimur, Pakwach District to get his comments on this development.
Agenonga refuted the advert and called it false news. Saying his radio station is still battling with Uganda Communications Commission for license and has nothing to do with any job advert.
'We can’t make such an announcement, we shall do ours officially' – Agenonga.
The ghost radio station ran the advert on WhatsApp and Facebook groups.